DO NOT GIVE THIS TO YOUR DOGS!!!!!!
I gave this product to my 12 lb. 1 year old shih tzu. 2 hours later he began throwing up and having diarrhea uncontrollably! Throwing up 2 mins apart from each other everywhere. His eyes were giant and he was shaking. We called the pet ER and they urged us to bring him in. Rushing him into the ER we were terrified and felt horrible for giving him this. He was examined and it was concluded that he went into anaphylactic shock from the allergy medicine. He was given iv fluid and epinephrine. They put a catheter in and had to observe him overnight for after shock. Thankfully he returned home the next day after a huge pet bill to save his life. If we would have waited he may not be here today. Please DO NOT give this to your dogs. IT CONTAINS grape seed extract, which is toxic to dogs!!!! Please help me signal boost so we can inform more people about this product.
Signal boosting for all my dog lovers!
Excuse me, but grape seed extract is not toxic for dogs. Grapes are toxic, yes, but not grape seed extract. I’m sorry that your Shih Tzu was hurt while this stuff was in its system, but that does not mean that this product was the cause because there is the extract in it. Grape seed extract is very safe for dogs, in fact it is a supplement for dogs. The seeds themselves are safe for dogs. Your dog most likely had a picky stomach as a lot of dogs tend to be no matter what breed they are, which explains why it was puking and vomiting. Same thing if it had an allergy to allergy medicine. If you had realized that before you took them to the vet, you would have saved yourself a big bill. This stuff is safe for dogs- it is not the product’s fault if your dog has a picky stomach/allergy to allergy meds. Thank you, have a nice day.
sources: x x
Thanks for your information I really appreciate it! Honestly. If I had known that he had that picky of a stomach I would of never gave it to him. But the vet clearly stated on the discharge paperwork they gave us that grape seed extract is toxic to dogs. That is the only reason I posted this in the first place. I wouldn’t have been so upset if the vet didn’t tell me it contained a toxic ingredient. I just wish they could of put a warning label on it stating “this..this..this..could happen if you give your dog this product” I just don’t want it happening to anyone else’s dog, I just want people to be aware it could happen to any dog. I don’t want anyone else’s dog getting hurt.